Doing

Nov. 15th, 2013 01:13 pm
pjthompson: quotes (quotei)
[personal profile] pjthompson

Random quote of the day:

“Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity.”

—Shunryu Suzuki, Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind

 enlightened4WP@@@

 

Disclaimer:  The views expressed in this random quote of the day do not necessarily reflect the views of the poster, her immediate family, Siegfried and Roy, Leonard Maltin, or the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. They do, however, sometimes reflect the views of the Cottingley Fairies.

 

Mirrored from Better Than Dead.

Date: 2013-11-20 06:50 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] rudi12.livejournal.com
In some sense I would agree.

Date: 2013-11-21 06:40 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] pjthompson.livejournal.com
I think mostly that people who go around thinking they are enlightened...aren't. You have to do rather than think.

Date: 2013-11-21 07:00 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] rudi12.livejournal.com
I am more convinced by Sri Aurobindo: one of the preconditions for reaching the real enlightenment is to stop thinking and go beyond the reason. there one can get the enlightenment.

Date: 2013-11-21 07:42 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] pjthompson.livejournal.com
True, but that's also doing rather than thinking.

Date: 2013-11-21 07:57 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] rudi12.livejournal.com
if so, then this 'doing' is a very inner soul activity.

Date: 2013-11-21 10:58 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] pjthompson.livejournal.com
I think it is. There is nothing passive about this passage.

Profile

pjthompson: (Default)
pjthompson

June 2026

S M T W T F S
 1 23456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930    

Most Popular Tags

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 19th, 2026 03:37 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios